Monday, November 12, 2007

Feeling sick...!



I am not feeling too well recently. I started to have a bit of sore throat last Friday. I think I must have been using too much of my voice recently as I have been going around the island to conduct workshops for pupils on the use of calculators. I tried to drink more water but sometimes I only drank a bit before and after the workshop.

Well, last Friday, my family and my wife's sisters went to Downtown East. I went there quite late as I had classes till 9pm. We stayed there for three days and two nights as my wife's brother-in-law had booked the chalet through his company.

The following day, we went to Wild Wild Wet. The weather was good as it was cloudy without much sunlight. It was a mistake not to apply sun-block as we came back with over-tanned skin!!! So remember, even though the sky might look cloudy, apply your sun-block. There were a number of slides you could play there, but we could only play those which my 3 year-old boy could play. We went into this "lazy pool" which we sat onto this big round float and the current would bring you round and round. Later, we went to the "wave pool" where strong waves were "made" and you could move with the waves. Next, we went to the jacuzzi pool where we relaxed ourselves under the sun. There was a party going on next to the jacuzzi pool. I think it was a child's birthday party.

I find the entrance fee to the Wild Wild Wet a bit expensive. $12.80 for each adult.
I find it strange for people to pay entrance fee each time they enter the chalet area, although each chalet was given 4 entrance tickets. So, before you leave the chalet compound, you must get the security guard to stamp your arm. Then, the guard will check your arm for the stamp under the ultra violet light when you return to your chalet.

No comments: