Monday, July 2, 2007

First Day of ICT

Today is my first day of ICT. What is ICT? It stands for In-Camp-Training. Originally, we were known as "reservists", but now we are known as "Operational Readiness National Servicemen". Well, they both mean the same thing. We are afterall serving our duties as servicemen. I guess the term "In-Camp-Training" is used to reflect the need for us to continue training "in camp" every year we are back to our unit.

It's a good way of gathering a few old army comrades so that we can "keep in touch" with one another. Some enjoy the break from their normal work routine, while others find it disruptive as they have to put off some important things from their busy schedule.

Today I met two of my best former colleagues and friends in the teaching service. They have been very supportive friends and they took time off their busy schedule to spend an evening with me. The food we had was delicious and filling as three of us filled our stomach with five different dishes. Anyway, we had a good chat and that led me to think about my future. I remember today, one of my In-Camp comrades showed me a book by the title "Finishing Well". I just flipped through to find out what the book was about. It mainly described the "Almighty One" whom most of us are familiar with. It talked about how HE knowing the end of HIM coming and how HE planned HIS way towards the "finishing line". I guess the main point is that we must think about what we actually want in life - the goal in our life. Maybe it is about what we are seeking for in life. Maybe it is about how we look at LIFE at different points of our life. Are we heading to the desired ending or are we changing directions everytime we hit a road junction? "Begin a task or job with an end in mind".

No comments: