Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Visit to the Dentist

Yesterday morning, after taking my son to his nursery class, I went to make an appointment with the dentist. There were not many people in the clinic at that time, so I decided to have my appointment on that day. The wait was not too long as there were two dentists in that clinic. Apparently, the clinic was opened by a family of dentists.

I had not been to the clinic for ages. It was my first time visiting that clinic. The dentist was very professional as she explained every step she made and the condition of my teeth. She also told me the latest dental trend of filling up the cavities. Instead of drilling a big "hole" at the tooth, only the "damaged" part is drilled and filled. She found a tiny crack line on one of my wisdom teeth. I had scaling and two fillings done. That cost me $151! $55 for the scaling and $48 for each filling. She advised me to visit the dentist every 6 months to make sure the teeth and gum are in the tip-top condition. She said my teeth were in good condition.

She took about 45 minutes in all. :)

No comments: