Sunday, February 15, 2009

Broken Down!

Well, the beginning of this year is not very 'good'. Why? You see, I bought this little digital pocket dictionary for less than a month and it broke down. It just died off suddenly and I could not 'revive' it. I tried resetting it and taking out the batteries and put them back. Everything did not work, so I sent it down to the service centre for repair. The lady asked if I had tried replacing the batteries. Well, I told her that I bought it for less than a month and used it not more than ten times! She went in and came back a while later. It was working fine with new batteries! She suggested that I should leave the dictionary with her for further investigation. In the end, it was found that there was a manufacturer's fault and my dictionary was replaced with a new one.

The second thing that broke down unfortunately was my refrigerator! I found out last Sunday when my wife opened the door to the freezer. Everything inside had defrost! While searching for a replacement at an electrical appliance store, I learned that it was the condenser which had broken down. The saleslady told us that the condenser is the one that helps to keep the things in the freezer compartment frozen. The compressor should be working fine as the air in the other compartment was still cool.

I will be looking for a smaller and cheaper refrigerator which can save me on my electricity bill.

No comments: