Friday, May 18, 2007

Take Care of Yourself!

Recently, there have been reports of some sickness and diseases going around this island. There is an increase of young children contracting Hand, Food and Mouth (HFM) Diseases and also an increase in people getting dengue fever after being bitten by the Aedes mosquitoes. If you have read the newspaper and seen the leaflets being dropped in your mailbox, you would have realised that the National Environment Agency (NEA) is getting tough on people "breeding" mosquitoes in and around their home. NEA is also trying hard to "educate" the people on the potential danger the Aedes mosquitoes can cause.

So, do make sure that you are not the one "breeding" the mosquitoes by checking the area in and around your house. I heard that Aedes mosquitoes are more active in the morning, while the mosquitoes that carry Malaria virus are more active in the evening.

3 comments:

kelly ng said...

yes, mr ng. will take care of myself. u take care too!

★YANYI ♥ said...

Dear Mr. Ng,
I know! You know that Hougang is the place with the most mosquitoes?! I will take care myself! Sengkang is also popular with mosquitoes! So, you take care and take care!
Best Regards,
Clarice

Mr Ng said...

Thanks Kel,
Ya, I will take care of myself and my family too! :D

Oh, Flora, I am not staying in Sengkang most of the time, so no worries for me. :P